Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new...







Khami Leon Finds Herself at - Stanford




I was born and raised in a farming community with around 200 residents. From day one I lived on my family dairy farm. I had a nice house and some good friends. We always found things to do. On weekends I would cross the little dirt road out the front of my house and play in my neighbours yard, among many other things. Fast track 22 years when this little small town girl finds herself moving to the other side of the world. No idea what to expect or what she is getting herself in for. My little dirt road is now a 6 lane highway which is part of the California State Route 82, called El Camino Real. If I cross my new "little dirt road" I find myself in my new neighbours yard. A far cry from a little patch of grass with a swing set, which is what I was used to. I now am fortunate enough to be playing in the world famous Stanford campus. I go for walks here most days and soak up the amazing architecture and landscaped surrounds. I get to enjoy sporting events of all kinds, college and professional. There is not one day that goes by that I could take this place for granted. There is always something going on and it is always breathtakingly beautiful. If this is just my new "neighbour" then what else can my new "home" have to offer?


Love and Laughter, 


Khami X




*All pictures taken and edited by Cathi k of lesfreckles or Khami of KhamiLeon

No comments:

Post a Comment