Friday, March 2, 2012

One Door Closes And Another Opens...









Khami Leon Finds Herself - Tail Gating

Being an avid Australian Rules Football fan, it was hard when I came here knowing that one of my favourite things would be taken away. It is a code of football like no other and although there are minor leagues here, it is just not the same. On my first weekend in 'The Bay', I came to see that as one door closes another really does open. I was introduced to college football by my bosses, who were wonderful enough to give me a season pass to Stanford games. Not only do I get to go to every home game (across my little dirt road), I also have been introduced to 'Tail Gating'. Much like back home, football involves food, drinks, fun and laughter. I was quick to realise that like most things here in America, it is exactly that, just BIGGER! Think endless beers, home made starters, chips, barbeque's, secret recipe chilli, decorations, tables, chairs, TV connected to a Toyota Prius to watch the pre game and half time show and the list goes on. How could you not love a new tradition like this? 



Love and Laughter,


Khami X


*All pictures taken and edited by Khami Leon of www.khamileon.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's really cool!
    I had the chance to go to see a match while living in the USA and I loved it! It was very exciting.
    xx.

    www.luciarolo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete